Whether you need HVAC equipment installation, maintenance or repair in your Savannah home, it’s important to choose a reputable contractor to perform the work. One way to ensure the job will be done right the first time around is to choose a contractor who will send a NATE certified HVAC technician to your home.
North American Technician Excellence (NATE), is a non-profit organization that certifies technicians in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. To become NATE certified, technicians take a rigorous real-world exam that puts their knowledge to the test. They can choose to specialize in specific areas to increase their chances of being hired. Specializations include air conditioning, heat pumps, gas and oil furnaces, refrigeration, air distribution, and more.
In the end, NATE is responsible for certifying technicians, and discerning HVAC contractors hire them so they can provide the best service possible to customers like you.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from choosing a NATE certified HVAC technician.
- Better energy efficiency – According to the United States Department of Energy (DOE), improper HVAC equipment installation can reduce efficiency by up to 30 percent. This results in high energy waste, which is bad news for the environment as well as your wallet. One way to ensure your equipment performs at peak efficiency is to only trust equipment installation and maintenance to an experienced NATE certified HVAC technician.
- Lower energy bills – Proper installation is the first step to lower energy bills, but as the years go by, it’s the professional preventative maintenance that keeps equipment humming and energy bills low. Plan to schedule annual tune-ups from a NATE certified HVAC technician to make heating and cooling your home more affordable. Your best option is to sign up for a preventative maintenance plan from a quality contractor in Savannah.
- Enhanced system longevity – Proper installation and upkeep helps ensure no HVAC system components are under extra stress. When the system performs the way it was designed to, it lasts longer, which saves money in the long run.
- Improved home comfort – Factors such as consistent indoor temperature and ideal relative humidity contribute to improved home comfort. Your equipment needs to be sized, installed and maintained correctly by a knowledgeable NATE certified HVAC technician to keep your home comfortable while maintaining the lowest energy bills possible.
- Healthier indoor air – A neglected HVAC system can make indoor air unhealthy. Factors such as a dirty air filter, leaky ductwork, and dusty supply and return registers all contribute to higher concentrations of pollution in your indoor air. You can catch and reverse these issues with recommendations from a NATE certified HVAC technician.
- Safer, quieter operation – In extreme situations, carbon monoxide (CO) leaks can endanger your family, and hazardous operation could cause a fire or explosion. Fortunately, you eliminate these potential disasters with a knowledgeable, certified technician on the job.
- Fewer callbacks – Technicians with NATE certification receive fewer callbacks from dissatisfied customers than technicians who aren’t certified. It means NATE certified technicians more often meet the high expectations of discerning homeowners the first time around. Getting a repair over and done with saves you time, money and extra hassle so you can move on to more important things.
- Fewer repairs needed – One benefit of preventative maintenance is that the experienced technician can catch problems early and prevent the need for costly, inconvenient repairs later down the road. It’s just another way a NATE certified HVAC technician helps you save time and money.
- Access to professional advice and knowledge – Want to know how to change the air filter yourself? Looking for advice on how to reduce energy bills or improve indoor air quality? A knowledgeable NATE certified HVAC technician has the expertise to provide tips on a number of heating and air conditioning topics specific to your home.
- Greater peace of mind – Knowing that the HVAC system is properly cared for is a priceless benefit of choosing a NATE certified HVAC technician. The peace of mind you get allows you to move forward each day without stressing about your heating and cooling equipment.
NATE certified technicians are the best in the business. That’s why we only send these knowledgeable professionals to your home to perform installations, repairs and tune-ups. To schedule a visit from a NATE certified HVAC technician, please contact Byrd Heating and Air Conditioning We’ve proudly served Savannah area residents since 1986.